Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Barefoot in NYC





A couple of weeks ago TOMS shoes did a compaign which challenged people to go without shoes for a day. Well, the premise of the challenge was to walk a day in the shoes of another individual. In order to empathize a little more with the countless number of men, women and children who cannot afford shoes I decided to go barefoot for one WHOLE day in New York City! All in all, it was a fantastic experience! Actually, one kind woman on the subway asked me what religion I was. Then, while I was playing my guitar in the subway at the 96Th St station (which I randomly do from time to time to make life interesting!) another man tried to give me his shoes! I graciously thanked him but told him I could not accept. Check out the TOMS website if you get a chance. They give one pair of shoes away for every pair they sell.

http://www.toms.com/

2 comments:

  1. how you managed to not contract any major diseases on the streets of NY should be considered a major victory

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously went barefoot in NYC?
    U b crazy gurl.

    Ooops, found your blog.

    ReplyDelete