Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stop.... and Smell the Flowers




At the risk of receiving some harrassment from my all-too-manly friends, I figured I would post a picture of some Lilacs. Why Daniel would you do that? First, I love the smell of Lilacs. And second, it is just a simple reminder for us - for me - to take some time out of our busy, "important" schedules and enjoy the simple beauty and profound detail present in nature. I don't know what it is about the smell of Lilacs but it awakens distinct memories and feelings inside of me. The fragrance possesses the power to transport me for a few lovely seconds - as long as I can inhale.

1 comment:

  1. The lilacs are beautiful, one of Gram's favorites. My only complaint about lilacs are...BEES! The freak me out!

    Good to keep in touch with this blog, Dan. My love to you and NYC. :)

    ReplyDelete