Sunday, May 9, 2010

Guitar in Time Square/ Brooklyn Bridge

We asked a kind stranger to take a picture of our group on the Brooklyn bridge. The funny part of the story is that when my friend Dan went to retrieve his camera he was not paying attention, walked into the bike path and got slammed by an oncoming biker. The bike's back tire came off the ground as the biker almost flipped! The good news is that they were both fine; although, my friend Dan had a pretty bruised big toe and certainly a humbling New York moment.



During my August trip to NYC my friend Whitney and I decided to sing on the streets in Time Square! Well, after forty minutes the cops eventually came. I suppose they needed to clear the streets of all street vendors and performers. Although, he told me we were "taking people's money." So, I reached into the guitar case and took a handful of money and tried to give it away to people passing by -oddly, no one would take the money. The cop politely laughed and said, "No, you can keep the money man. You just have to move your act." We made $21.57 in 40 minutes. We used the money to buy food for a homeless man.



No comments:

Post a Comment